Not a product in any business sense, but in the sense that there is no outlined path of what’s going in and what will come out of it.
This is how I currently see the minimum viable product, an app consisting out of:
- First-time user wizard for a dummy proof setup
- Should configure your home location
- Should connect to at least one smart service or device
- Can configure what to do when leaving home
- Can configure what to do when arriving at home
- Explains how the app will help
- Home screen reports performed actions that were configured
- This includes failed actions
- Settings screen that allows customization of the initial settings
I forgot to mention I already tried out a basic proof of concept before I started these blog posts, just to make sure it has some chance of working out. So I have some confidence this is conceptually feasible.
Next step is sketching some mockups and developing a first draft.
I should be able to get in the more technical details by then and share some code.